Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Want

As I lay here in the dark, staring at my desk across the room I notice all the shadows of the little trinkets overwhelming the surface. 'Gosh, I am so rich,' I thought to myself. God has blessed me so much. Although if anyone saw the little stuff I collected-- burnt out light bulbs, box tops for my church back home, ducky shower cap, 3D glasses, towels from Aeromexico, Rhema booklets, one yellow plastic glove, etc-- they may seem like garbage. But my little mess. I am so wealthy. What more could I want?

I want to buy a flute so I can practice again. It's been four years, but I still remember most of the notes. My favorite was F for some reason.

I want to buy a camera. It can be a very humble digital camera. I learned from that little 3.0 megapixel canon in high school that it's not really up to the photographer to take a beautiful picture. The beautiful picture is already there! All the time.

I want to buy two more wii motes for my wii console so the maximum number of people can play.

I want some business-y shoes (to match my fancy pants) I can wear to the airport since my oxfords broke.

I want some kind of dresser to put my clothes in so they don't have to still sit in my suitcase.

I want a simple life.. wouldn't it be sweet? I can take a simple and humble job. Come home in the afternoon to play some music. Live in a small and humble home with a God-fearing husband and children who have the freedom to chase after their dreams. Maybe that's just madness. I guess so. Who would ever want that.

But God's plan is always better, and most usually more challenging and convicting and way out of our comfort zones.

1 comment:

I miss myself

 I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...