Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Visit from an Old Friend

It's been a while since I saw my old friend. Not much has changed, but at the same time, a lot has. I had almost forgotten. It's been a while. You've seen me back in old routines. You've seen me back, cornered in the same place. You've seen me back, alone and sad. It's been a while since I saw my old friend. Although my body tires, my soul can't find rest. Old friend, how long is your stay, or are you just passing by?

God, my God. Abba, my Abba. Lord, my Lord. My old friend is back, and she is not my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I miss myself

 I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...