Sunday, January 22, 2012
Hold on Tight
In Carbondale: A normal week is 7hrs of bible study. Two sessions of worship and service. Discipleship.
In Chicago: A normal week, sunday school and service. Two sessions of worship. Friday fellowship.
I come back and I tell people it's been a lot harder to stay in Chicago. I've been telling people that being in Chicago for the break hasn't been really good on my spiritual life, in my attempts to living it out for Jesus. And no one seems to understand what I'm talking about. The difference can't simply compare. The difference is so huge. Not just because of the time commitment. While I get faced with many challenges away from home, I get to witness so much of God's grace and love. Things are not perfect and I am not perfect, but I love the way God has been changing me since I came here.
Once I go back to Chicago, my whole lifestyle changes. It's so good to be back in Carbondale. I love it here so much that I begin to worry about when I have to graduate and when I get out of this loop.When I am away from my brothers and sisters. When I'm pushed into a place where I am uncomfortable and the ground where my faith stands constantly shakes. Will it stand?
But if God calls me to those places where I am out of those physical spiritual resources, where my brothers and sisters are more than a phone call away, where I get uncomfortable, where the ground that my faith stands constantly shakes, then I must go there. God calls me to be His servant. I am so glad, my King loves me. "God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called." I still have so much growing to do. For now, I am so glad I am in this loop, although my body gets weary and my eyes get tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss myself
I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...
-
Struggling with financial stuff, and I just had an amazing week with God in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Lots of brokenness got brought ...
-
I'm so glad God softened my heart to hear to much more and know so much more. I feel like I'm similar to the Samaritan women at the ...
-
God, I feel like there is nothing that would make me turn away from You. I don't think there is anything on this Earth that could do tha...
I definitely feel you. I think you read about my struggles in Chicago in my realm as well.
ReplyDeleteOnce a upon time, my high school history class teacher told me this: "If you don't like Chicago that much, work hard as much as possible so you could leave here as soon as possible."
wow, that's harsh
ReplyDelete