If my God, who has everything, says He needs me
If my God, who needs nothing, says I am useful
If my God, who is omnipotent, says I am in His will
then by God's great name, I should run to Him. By His great love and mercy and grace, I should cry out. How amazing is the paradox, that my God who is perfect, all powerful, and almighty would say I am useful, I the sinful, faulting, foolish mortal. One out of six billion, and He doesn't even need any of us. How amazing that I am alive, how amazing that everything I see in front of me exists, the soft microfiber blanket, the skinny black lamp, the oscillating Lasko fan, the yellow pillow pet. What amazing grace! And my God says that He needs me! My God says that I am useful! My God says that I am in his will.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss myself
I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...
-
Struggling with financial stuff, and I just had an amazing week with God in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Lots of brokenness got brought ...
-
I'm so glad God softened my heart to hear to much more and know so much more. I feel like I'm similar to the Samaritan women at the ...
-
God, I feel like there is nothing that would make me turn away from You. I don't think there is anything on this Earth that could do tha...
No comments:
Post a Comment