Friday, September 7, 2012

He goes before me

When he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. —John 10:4

Before I even fully grasped how financially unstable I was, God went before me and prepared the way. Before I even realized that by the end of this month I wouldn't have enough to pay for this month's dues (rent, utilities, tuition, gas, food, etc), God made a way, and gave me this random financial need grant. 

I'm not sure how exactly to pay next month's stuff. I better be more wise in using my car and my wallet. God is still awesome. While money is a little iffy... I tithed that grant. While I know my sister might lecture me about how it's not really my money to tithe, but it's my mom's and dad's because they carry the bigger burden of my tuition and living. So true. But that grant money did not belong to me, I didn't earn it or deserve it. I needed it, but I didn't deserve it. All that I have has been given to me by our gracious God. Even my earthly parents were given by Him and I am thankful for them. I am thankful for the love that I've felt from my earthly father, because I know that the love of my heavenly Father is greater than even that, which is already so great.

Praise God for His mercy. Praise God for His love for us. Praise God for His righteous character that makes no sense to be received by us. 
Praise Him forever and ever. May the offering of the little that I have (in comparison to what He's given) be an act of worship, a testament to His glory. 

We can never out give God.

1 comment:

  1. Preach it, Tori! --"All that I have has been given to me by our gracious God. Even my earthly parents were given by Him and I am thankful for them."

    And that includes our gifts, our time, and everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete

I miss myself

 I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...