Maybe because of the intense transition this has been, uprooting my life to a place with no friends or family, but I recently found myself missing my relationships. I find in my memory of people, I am recalling the good things. The positive ways they have impacted me, the ways they would make me laugh and smile and to have faith. I love my friends. I miss my friends.
For the same reason, I struggle to trust my emotions because this distance and length of time makes the truth blurrier than reality was. Perhaps rose-tinted. At times when I find myself lacking what I once experienced I could fool myself into believing that if I went back to where I was, everything I was missing would come back to me. But I know that isn't true. Is that what nostalgia is? Missing some fond experience of the past, but know it has past? Nostalgia should be a name of a filter, lol.
I won't abandon my friendships from the midwest, haha. But I feel a need to let go some, too. I shouldn't be held back by my past but instead, I want to walk into the present and into the future with my past.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss myself
I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...
-
Struggling with financial stuff, and I just had an amazing week with God in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Lots of brokenness got brought ...
-
I'm so glad God softened my heart to hear to much more and know so much more. I feel like I'm similar to the Samaritan women at the ...
-
God, I feel like there is nothing that would make me turn away from You. I don't think there is anything on this Earth that could do tha...
No comments:
Post a Comment