Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chicago

Chicago, I never longed for it so much in such a sad and nostalgic way. Coming back at night time, my train glided past condominiums downtown, and through the gigantic glass windows, I saw people. I saw a woman sitting in her office, a man in his living room on his laptop, and a family cooking dinner. I thought, "they have no idea how lucky they are." It was my first time missing Chicago since my parents dropped me off. Perhaps it was my realization that Chicago will only be my hometown from now on.

I could tell that my parents really missed me. They way my mom sprang out, way past her usual bed time, at 10pm get my luggage. The way they were fretting about making me liquid food post-wisdom-teeth-surgery. The way my mom sounded when she realized I was leaving Sunday at 8am and not Sunday at 8pm. I am so blessed. It's my first time missing being a baby since my parents dropped me off. Bleh, so much to talk about.

Overall, I am super glad my wisdom teeth got yanked out. I'm really really glad I got my insurance long enough for that surgery. I am so blessed. I should have held back on eating solid foods though. I guess I am paying for that now with my chipmunk face and my swollen gums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I miss myself

 I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...