Saturday, April 14, 2012

International Bible Study

"Would either of you like to pray with me?"
...
"Well prayer is just us talking to God. God is here with us right now, and we're just talking to him."
..."so if I asked God who created him, he would tell me?"
"Yes, yes he could."

This is the first year of the international ministry with InterVarsity, it just sort of happened out of no where and it grew so huge that the apartment we've always met at no longer fits us all comfortably. That's amazing. Tonight as we sat together in discussion of a passage in Mark, international students asked questions. And I just thought about how much more demanding this new ministry will become of all the leaders', including my own, energy and concentration. We'll really really need God.

This student, she asks a lot of questions. Generally, they're very insightful questions, but last night I felt like she  wanted to prove Christianity was flawed. I prayed in my head, while she asked questions, for God to soften her heart to understand and for me to have the authority to speak to her about the questions. Led far astray from the bible passage, she said she believes in the science truth of how humans formed, she said other religions accept the possibility of sharing the same God except Christianity, our God isn't fair because he should judge by how much good works people do not just by believing, not everyone is sinful but God makes everyone go through the same punishment, if God created all things, who created God. My goodness, she has such a brilliant brain. I was so thankful that she felt comfortable enough to ask all those questions. I really tried answering to the best of my abilities and knowledge and experience.

She laughed at some of my answers. She laughed when I said she could pray and ask God who created Him. But in our prayer, I prayed for softened hearts. God continue to give this ministry's leaders boldness in knowing that this is in your will. The Holy Spirit is definitely with us. Thinking back about some of the things I spoke in reply...they were quite decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I miss myself

 I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...