Saturday, April 7, 2012

Passion of the Christ

Yesterday was the first time I watched the entire movie from beginning to end. The whole movie, I kept a thought to observe, 'Who is Jesus?'

Something else I've been constantly asking prayer for, is my desire to be deeply in love with Jesus. A sister told me to continue my devotions, reading the bible to learn Jesus' character.

The whole movie, I kept thinking 'Who is this man, and why does he love me so much?'

After the movie we (international bible study) had discussion time. I'm not sure if it was because I was cold, but I couldn't stop shaking. It wasn't convulsive shaking, it was like very unsteady constant shivering of my entire body. Just who is this man who loves me so much?

One truth I love to tell others and to say aloud so I can hear for myself,

"Jesus is the greatest evidence of God's love. If you don't know Jesus, you have no idea how much God loves you." Truly, truly.

Who is Jesus, that he would carry the cross for me? Who is Jesus, that he would hang on the cross for me? Who is Jesus, that he would endure death for me?

But that greatest question to ask among these: Who am I?

Who am I that Jesus should do anything for me? Who am I that God should show so much mercy and grace? Who am I to receive that mercy and grace for how undeserving I truly am? Who am I that God would pardon me and send Jesus, His son, His incarnate to save me, to conquer death. To endure the punishment for OUR SINS.

I am sin, I am the dog that hungers for crumbs, I am that sheep that betrayed its shepherd.

God loves us so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I miss myself

 I miss myself. What does that mean? I miss who I was when I was at my best. Even when I was at my worst, I seemed to always crawl through t...